Friday, August 7, 2009

refurbishing the old...

the old typewriter that is.

for my oldest son's special birthday coming up. he is going to be 9 on 9/9/09 and it just feels so incredible, numerically speaking!

i had begun shopping for an old typewriter, but lucky me, my mom had one that she was just keeping in storage! a smith-corona, which looks to be from the 1940s that was passed down to her from my Great Aunt Shash. it's a big heavy beautiful old beast with lots of wear, but in super good condition. it's a reporter's typewriter if ever i saw one. but the keys stick and it needs a new ribbon. i am on a quest to refurbish this work of art writer's tool for my little creative writer that can't stand writing by hand! he loves old things with history, too.

i am so excited about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment