Thursday, February 18, 2010

to circ or not to circ...

i read a big long debate tonight on circumcision. i realized that a lot of moms-to-be out there do not have good information about circs and that they are COMPLETELY not necessary. i guess i never realized a mother with no strong attachment to the idea of circumcision would want their child to undergo such an unnecessary ordeal.

i do not know a single parent who did not circumcise their son to regret it...however i know many parents who have that do.

for the record... circumcision as a cleanliness issue is a total myth. there is seriously nothing necessary about it. it hurts baby, takes a long time to heal and is basically some weird form of accepted mutilation. anyone having a boy baby and wanting info feel free to contact me and i'll share.

you can go to youtube and watch a live circumcision. that should help you understand what you are doing before hand for sure...don't think it'll be as easy as it is to watch the video as it will be to witness your own baby go through it either. ouch.

3 comments:

  1. Parents who don't regret circumcising? How about the (((owner))) of the body? It's a human rights issue. If I posted a YouTube video (which I can) in which an 8-year-old Muslim girl living in a Middle Eastern country is held down and a blade is taken to her clitoral hood and the parents say they have no regrets, what would an American (or Canadian) say? It's about letting the OWNER of the body decide for THEMSELF. It's also about gender (((equality))) where females have been protected against genital mutilation since 1972.

    http://www.stopthecut.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parents may not regret circumcising their son, but there are many sons who regret that they were circumcised at birth. I know because I am one.

    I was circumcised at birth. I wish my parent had left me intact because I would have preferred to have a whole sex organ. There are many other men who feel the same way. I am restoring my foreskin. The difference is amazing. My wife loves the wiy it feels and we both get geat pleasure from i, much more than when I was circumcised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i soooo agree!
    thank you both for commenting!
    i love my sons. they are beautiful, healthy and perfect the way nature intended. i would protect a daughter the with the same intensity.

    and i am so sorry for other children whose mamas don't protect them or educate themselves...but keep talking...it's the only way to inform people.

    ReplyDelete